Blog Archive

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Am I Co-Dependent

My relationship
I have been struggling in a relationship with my husband for the last 15 years. I have only been married to him 13 of them. It no longer seems fair to him, me, or our children to continue in our relationship; no one is the winner in this relationship as long as it continues down the path it is going.

I have looked back many times and completely regretted my selection for a husband, and often wondered

What was I thinking?

I should wear a dunce cap Why did I make the choices that I made? What made me select him over all the ones that I had dated or had the opportunity to? I have tried so many times to reach out to my husband to explain to him my difficulties with our marriage and see if somehow we can meet in the middle. But this never seemed to work. Why?
Finally, I decided to see a therapist and see if I could figure some of this out. His words were the same as the last therapist I saw (for one day). He said I am ..

codependent *%$#@%

My first therapist told me that this 10 years ago. Codependent? How? Stupid, yes. Codependent, No. I visited him after my husband punched me from behind in he back of the skull 3 times and told me to stay down this time. After some research of what codependant meant, I could not agree. So I stopped going.
Click Here for the next page.

No comments:

Post a Comment